"All books are either dreams or swords,/You can cut, or you can drug, with words." - Amy Lowell, 'Sword Blades and Poppy Seed'

Monday, August 15, 2011

Brief Break for Vacation and the Inaugural Theater Week

First of all, I apologize for the lack of posts last week.  One of my close friends moved to New Jersey last week, and I helped her pack and hosted her for a few nights before she left. 

I am also leaving for vacation this week (which means that evenings are taken up with packing and laundry).  Every year, my family goes to see plays at American Players Theatre in Spring Green Wisconsin. I have read three of the plays we're seeing: The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare, Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, and The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams.  Ironically for the purposes of this blog, the two I have not seen (Crime and Punishment and Of Mice and Men) are both based on books.  Next week, my reviews will be of the three plays I've read, and will combine impressions of the plays as both books and performances.  This will be my inaugural Theater Week. If it goes well, then I will do it again next year (assuming whatever job I get post graduation permits seeing plays). So, next week, look forward to what promise to be some entertaining plays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment